Requirements for SMTP client submission
Authentication: You must be able to configure a user name and password to send email on the device.
Mailbox: You must have a licensed Office 365 mailbox to send email from.
Do not use an IP address for the Office 365 server, as IP Addresses are not supported.
How do I enable SMTP authentication in Office 365?
Enter the credentials of the Office 365 user who you want to use to relay SMTP mail. Select TLS Encryption. Select Outbound Connections and in the TCP Port box, enter 587 and select OK.
- Open Server Manager and select Add Roles and Features.
- On the Select Features screen, choose SMTP Server.
- Select Install.
What is the SMTP server for Office 365?
IMAP Server Settings
|Setting||IMAP (incoming)||SMTP (outgoing)|
What is the SMTP server for Microsoft Exchange?
Use smtp.office365.com for outgoing SMTP server settings. Incoming Port 993 for IMAP or 995 for POP.
How do I set up SMTP relay in Office 365?
How to configure an Office 365 SMTP Relay Connector
- Step 1: Log in to your Office 365 tenant, open the Exchange Admin center and click Mail flow, and click Connectors.
- Step 2: Click the “+” symbol to create a new connector.
- Step 3: Under Select your Mail Flow Scenario, set the “From” field as Partner Organization, and the “To” field as Office 365.